Who we are:
We’re a Leeds-based tech company developing software for intellectual property (IP) professionals across the globe. In human terms: we’re a friendly team of intelligent, techy, creative and supportive people. We believe having fun is key to our wellbeing and our ability to produce high quality work. Our office is a relaxed space with a pool table, table tennis, games console and a bar.
What we do:
We develop IP management software for law firms and corporates around the world. Our system, Equinox, helps IP professionals seamlessly manage the protection of their intellectual property portfolio.
We may be a tech company, but we’re actually all about people. Our focus is to develop powerful software that genuinely helps our clients every time they log in. Our product roadmap is driven by key optimisation opportunities that save our clients time and reduce the risk of human error, while providing all the tools and services they need to stay ahead of their competition.
As part of the Questel group, one of the world’s leading providers of intellectual property solutions, we’re jointly committed to creating a supportive and fair business. Our software and services are designed to help our subscribers succeed.
For the role of Technical Manager, we’re looking for someone with a curious mindset, a proactive approach and is able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong technical skills and understanding of development processes and technologies
- Ability to motivate and guide a team of technical professionals
- Great people skills and able to develop and grow a team
- A passion for all things tech
Are you wondering what life at an informal, agile tech company might be like? Come and join a team where everyone can be themselves and feel empowered by what they do.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be managing the Development and Operations teams, made up of technical solution finders who build and improve our industry-leading product suite and manage and maintain our systems and infrastructure.
Your role will include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of the Development and Operations teams
- Monitor and provide reporting information and metrics on performance
- Manage team resource and workload
- Communicate effectively internally with various stakeholders and provide accurate updates on project statuses
- Facilitate sprint meetings and collaboration between teams
- Develop team members, complete 1-2-1s and appraisals
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Platform and Lead Developer to implement and improve processes and procedures
- Advocate agile development processes and promote a culture of continual improvement
The salary for this role is £40,000 to £45,000 per year, depending on experience.
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working hours, hybrid office/home working
- 25 days annual leave that increases with length of service
- Company pension contribution, regular salary reviews plus training and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing support including health cash plan, employee assistance counselling and a monthly wellbeing lottery
- Financial support for feel-good activities like gym memberships, arts & craft courses, dance lessons and more
- Tech scheme to help you save money on tech and spread the cost
- Cycle scheme, bike storage & showers, plus free onsite parking & good public transport links
- Regular company socials
Ready to apply?
If you’ve got this far down the page, we’re hoping it’s because something has resonated with you. Our biggest piece of advice when applying for this role is to be yourself, be curious and look for ways to enjoy and learn from the process. The rest will fall into place.
To apply, please send us your cover letter and CV: